Currently accepting applications for the 2013-2014 school year. Limited openings in all grade levels!
Fresno Unified has renewed our charter for 5 more years!!
Benefits of enrolling your child at VASA:
- Full-time certificated Art and Music teachers
- All students in Kindergarten – 6th receive Art and Music instruction
- All teachers have extensive arts integration training
- All students 1st-6th grade will participate in electives
- School wide science fair and science focused electives
- School wide poetry, drama, and musical performance opportunities
Questions about Openings or Enrollment? Email Christina Soto at or call 559-497-8272
Student proficiency achieved in reading and mathematics by employing a program rich in the arts and science.
Community collaboration with art and science organizations including the Fresno Metropolitan Museum of Art and Science, Arte Américas, the African American Museum, KVPT (Valley Public Television), and the Fresno City and County Historical Society.
Why the Arts?
The visual and performing arts enhance student learning by stimulating non-verbal awareness, creating a common bond, and making school more human.
Works of art stimulate verbal skills through discussions and writing.
Singing and/or playing music together, dance, and the dramatic arts are shared experiences that reinforce and enhance each student’s understanding of language, mathematics and cultures.
Elementary students are innately curious about the natural world. Research shows that science instruction stimulates and reinforces reading, math and thinking skills.